Miss Selfridge Retail Ltd (US)

Monday, January 3, 2011

Wrap that ankle




So after a long wait, my shoes have finally arrived!!! Ordered them in…hmmmm..let’s see, October. After two failed attempts of making their way from Boston to Bangalore, they started their journey last week, only to be stuck in Paris for the holiday season!!
I’ve ordered ankle wraps, peep toed pumps and peep-toed booties.
The last couple of months, I’ve been all about the ankle wraps. They add a certain edgy feel to an outfit. That being said, ankle-wraps can be tricky, the style of the footwear is such that it kind of cuts off the length of your silhouette at the ankles and visually it can make your legs appear stockier. This is only an illusion, so don’t worry!
The thing to keep in mind while wearing an ankle-wrap is the hemline. The shorter the hemline, the longer and slimmer your legs appear, so it’s great to pair with shorts, dresses and skirts.
The ideal hemline should graze the end of you finger tips when you stand.
Visually, I don’t think this style particularly flatters knee-length and below the knee hemlines, so for these styles I think peep-toes, pumps or sandals are more appealing.
The versatility of the ankle-wrap is also in how you can dress up/dress down your jeans/leggings. Depending on whether you decide to tuck the hem into the wrap, leave it ruched above the ankle strap (in the case of skinnies) or play it safe and wear it like a regular sandal, it can truly add that little bit of zing to your outfit!

What I’m listening to today…..
It’s back to Rnb… I can’t give it up for too long..I get withdrawal symptoms..
So it’s T.I’s latest offering where he collaborates with Christina Aguilera on Castle Walls.
Nelly feat Keri Hilson – Liv Tonight
Llyod Banks feat Eminem- Where I’m at

No comments:

Post a Comment