Miss Selfridge Retail Ltd (US)

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Awesomeness That Is T.I.



Don’t you just love T.I? From his swagger to his style, his rapping to his lyrics, I think he’s awesome!! The drugs charges and jail time, which are too bad, have added to the introspectiveness of his new hit, Castle Walls, with Christina Aguilera, in which T.I delivers with the same amount of unyielding swagger.
The track is poignant, while Christina Aguilera’s verses border more on “a princess in a gilded cage" sentiment, T.I’s rapping takes a more introspective turn, where he talks about his arrest and subsequent jail time, his rise to fame, clashes with Shawty Lo..…
I love T.I’s bit on the song, but these two lines from the song…Wow!!
1. "So next time you rating royalty and more is being given to recordings than the level of your loyalty”
2. “Why should the verses I’ve laid be more important to me than the persons I’ve raised”
Now pit verses like this against the rappers who go on and on about the cars they drive, girls who want to sleep with them and the mountains of cash they’ve accumulated… Insignificant isn’t it??

Incidentally the track was produced by Alex Da Kid, who also produced Rihanna and Eminem’s hits “Love the Way You Lie” and its sequel “Love the Way You Lie (Part 2).”

No comments:

Post a Comment