Miss Selfridge Retail Ltd (US)

Friday, February 4, 2011

"Wu"ing the First Lady




Jason Wu’s Spring 2011 collection is one that actually has echoes of ‘Spring’ in it!! The collection conjures images of an Americanized English tea-party enjoyed on a perfect summer afternoon with sunlight drifting in through the over-head trees..hmmmm...My day-dreaming often involves holidaying on some exotic island or shopping in New York or something other than what I'm currently doing... and I find that most times, I'm so caught up with imagining the perfect outfit to go with that scene, that I forget what I was trying to day-dream about in the first place! So this collection kind of fits the bill for all day-dream scenarios!
I love the soft drapes and color palette of this collection which graduates to bolder hues and then to nudes. Wu's use of chiffon and the over-sized bow detailing is so perfect and coupled with the languid flow of the trousers and gowns, it makes for a perfect outfit. The texturing on the skirts along with the flower detailing that he’s added to some of the outfits is so eye-catching... that it kind of renders an outfit bland without it! He blends floral and stripes so perfectly as well.
So it comes as no surprise that he is one of the First Lady’s chosen designers!

No comments:

Post a Comment