Miss Selfridge Retail Ltd (US)

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Mad about Mcqueen??

I couldn’t help but notice the similarities between the Alexander McQueen Gown that Mila Kunis wore to the Screen Guild awards and this Red Gaurav Gupta gown that Neha Dhupia was spotted in.
Inspiration you think or is it just a Central St. Martin’s thing??

Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love Gaurav Gupta’s avant-garde style, his texturing of fabrics, draping… well everything about his designs!! His designs seem futuristic but not un-wearably so. He’s one of the designer’s I’ve been keeping tabs on since his foray into the India fashion scene. Which is why I feel that his design asthetics have a Mcqueen influence.


Other than being a superbly talented designer…Gaurav Gupta has an impressive resume!!!
Studied at Central Saint Martins, London, his graduate collection was awarded the Future of Couture trophy at Altaroma Altamoda, Rome Couture fashion week. Presented with the Roots of Creativity title at the Mittelmoda fashion awards. He’s worked with designers like Hussein Chalayan and Stella Mc Cartney… Wow!!
I’d like to think that he’s more artist than designer….. every one of his pieces is like a work of art!
I love his personal style…his razor-sharp, side swept hair, seemingly charcoaled eyes and the way he works those harem- like pants… not many men can work that style!

3 comments:

  1. He reminds me so much of someone I know. Great blog. Will keep revisiting. :)Also I felt terrible when Alexander McQueen died. He was something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bhumika!! Yeah he was a legend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Central Saint Martins graduates do have a very distinct style. Love your blog btw Archana.
    xx

    ReplyDelete